Changing times. Shifting paradigms. Vibration on the rise.
As the wave of awakening grows stronger, more of us are seeking to upshift our health, our vitality, and our consciousness. Healing collectively, whether that be physical, emotionally, and spiritually is calling us all to rise to a new vibration of love and peace.
Essential oils, when they are pure, unadulterated, undiluted, sourced and harvested from the ideal conditions for each plant, and distilled with integrity, offer us potent plant medicine. Essential oils are just one of the gifts Mother Earth offers us for our healing and on-going vitality. They are expressions of her love and intelligence for the natural world, including us, and are received harmoniously within our being on all levels.
Essential Oils are perhaps one of the most potent forms of plant medicine we can receive. One drop of a pure essential oil is the equivalent of 50-70 times the potency of herbs. To clarify, 1 drop of Peppermint oil is equal to 28 cups of Peppermint tea! This one drop of essential oil can support us on the cellular level, accessing millions of cells and all of our bodily systems.
The properties and energies of essential oils run the full range of ‘anti’ properties such as anti-fungal, -parasitical, -bacterial, -inflammatory, -tumoral, -septic, etc. They can help in the elimination of pain, swelling, and mucous. For the endocrine system, we can be assisted in the balancing of hormones and support for proper organ function. As I began with Frankincense, a daily ritual for me is massaging 1 drop of this wisest oil along the throat to support thyroid function. We can practice preventative wellness and receive assistance for more acute issues when integrating essential oils into our daily lives.
Essential oils offer support to our body/mind/emotions/spirit, inviting all aspects of ourselves to come into a natural balance, harmony, and alignment with our Highest Self. As a healer, I feel their energetics carry a wisdom and frequency which joyfully speaks to our heart and soul.
One of the most powerful essential oils for the brain and to support the functioning of the Pineal Gland, Frankincense is also one of the most revered, so it is worth mentioning more than once! Frankincense has and is being studied for its many healing effects. The saying goes, ‘when all else fails, turn to Frankincense.’ Studies for the brain show that there are extremely few substances that can cross the blood-brain barrier, without causing subsequent harm. Two of those substances are essential oils. Frankincense and Sandalwood. Frankincense, when applied to the roof of the mouth, goes directly toward the Pineal Gland, supporting cell growth, rejuvenation, and assists in decalcification of this ever so important gland. A beloved oil that we’re never without.
Photo credit: Natalia Molina
I’d love to share some of my favorite recipes and ways to invite essential oils into your life. Bringing ourselves into the present moment with the process of blending and anointing helps to build a relationship with the energies of essential oils, so I usually don’t pre-make blends. Below I’m happy to offer the option for general pre-blending as well.
1) Pressure behind the eyes, head throbbing, desperately need to lie down, a growing feeling of ‘ikyness’ in the stomach? Yep, it’s the big M headache!
Basil. Lavender. Peppermint. Dollop of Carrier Oil (Almond, Jojoba, etc)
- Dime size dollop of carrier oil
- 1 drop of each in the palm of your hand.
- Gently rub hands together a time or two.
- Inhale deeply for 2 breaths.
- With finger tips, lovingly massage temples, Third Eye and along the brow.
- Next, massage into the ear bones (behind the ears) and then massage remainder at the base of the skull.
- Inhale again.
- Rest. Breathe. Be.
2) Can’t sleep?
Vetiver. Lavender. Patchouli.
- Use 3 drops Vetiver into your palm.
- Dip fingertip into Vetiver and apply first on the big toes, low back along the spine, back of the neck, temples, Third Eye.
- With remainder on hands, begin massaging into toes and soles of feet, then massage all the areas oil was applied.
- Next, add 2 drops of Lavender & 1 drop of Patchouli into palm.
- Gently rub together a time or two, then layer this application over the areas with the Vetiver.
- Inhale. Breathe. Be. Sleep.
3) Mid-day boost?
Wild Orange. Peppermint.
- 1 drop of each in the palm of the hand.
- Rub hands together gently & then breathe in deep a few times.
- Apply to soles of the feet if possible, and the back of the neck up along hairline at base of the scalp. Feel the coolness!
- Wild Orange offers a sense of abundance & joy.
- Peppermint invigorates the breath & mind.
*Citrus oils are photosensitive. Some people are sensitive if area of application is exposed to sunlight within 12-24 hours. If applying topically after inhalation, cover area or massage into an area of the body which is covered if you’re going to be out in the sun. *
4) Evening Skin Nourishing Rejuvenation
Frankincense Essential Oil. Carrier Oil ~ Almond, Fractionated Coconut, or Jojoba
- Wash face, rinse with cold water, pat dry.
- Gently massage carrier oil into face and neck.
- Add 1 drop of Frankincense into palms, massage into skin, then along neck and throat in an upward motion.
5) Miso Dressing for 2 (only pure EO’s can be used)
Chickpea Miso. Olive Oil. Apple Cider Vinegar. Spring Water. Lemon. Rosemary or Fennel or Basil Essential Oils
- 1 large table sp of Miso paste.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Spring Water (or desired consistency)
- Thoroughly stir all ingredients.
- Add 1 drop Lemon. 1 drop of preferred Rosemary or Fennel or Basil Essential Oils
- Pour on Salad reaping health benefits and a tasty treat!
For pre-blending, this ratio is general. In a dark glass, 5 ml bottle, use 1% carrier oil to 2% Essential oil as a guideline.
Lotus is certified in Yoga Nidra facilitation, as a Reiki Master, Oneness/Deeksha Giver, and AromaTouch Essential Oil Technique. As a healer, she’s been working with private clients and in small intimate groups, since 2004. Her work includes emotional/somatic release, Shadow work, meditation, Shamanic Healing & Light Language Activations.