Our favorite holistic chef Kristin Dahl from Dahl House Nutrition made House of Citrine a grain-free nutritious peach cobbler paired with a fresh DIY coconut ice cream. If you’re a peach lover like I am, you will LOVE this recipe! A clean, naturally sweetened take on the traditional recipe, it’s high in fiber, loaded with vitamin c, and topped with a protein-rich paleo granola. The perfect feel-good summer dessert to please all the senses. Enjoy!
- 3 cups of fresh, organic peaches, skins removed (about 5 peaches)
- Maple Almond Granola (Topping)
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 cup slivered pecans
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. organic, grade b maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. organic raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Make Granola Topping First.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pulse nuts, seeds, coconut, and salt in a food processor until broken up.
- Add to a medium size mixing dish, toss with coconut oil and sweetener & mix until well combined.
- Bake on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 15-20 mins, until lightly browned. Toss halfway for even toasting.
- Cool & then serve.
CREATE COBBLER //
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat 8x8 baking dish with very thin layer of organic coconut oil
- Add peaches to the dish & spread flat
- Cover fruit with granola crumble in an even & full layer
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is crispy & golden
- Serve as is or with fresh coconut ice cream
COCONUT ICE CREAM
- 1 cup young coconut meat
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons grade b maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 & 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1tsp fresh vanilla bean
- Pinch of sea salt
- *Optional – ¼-1/2 cup soaked cashews (for creamier consistency)
- Allow ice cream maker to sit in the freezer over night.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for about 1 minute
- Let mixture sit in fridge for 2-3 hours. Process through ice cream maker and enjoy!
- Or pour all ingredients into a freezer safe dish & freeze overnight!